Woke up happy for no good reason … or maybe for lots of reasons. Here’s a few so far today:
- one last pair of warm, soft socks to wear before i need to do laundry
- someone else made the coffee
- bagels & peanut butter & jelly– my favorite breakfast food
- sun pouring in the kitchen window
- yesterday’s ankle twist doesn’t still hurt today
- the plumber came on time this morning (to fix my broken sink)
- dinner out with friends tonight
- lots of unstructured time to read and play
- Discovered an amazing artist Charlotte Salomon after her name was mentioned in a WSJ online article about another artist favorite, Maira Kalman. Kalman cited her as an influence. Thank you wikipedia for letting me learn more about this young artist whose work was a testimony to life… and whose paintings were saved by a friend when Charlotte was carted off to become another holocaust statistic.
- There’s still some good chocolate in the house that will go great with my second cup of coffee
- My kids are posting wonderful pix of their first joint travels to an exotic destination..and I get enjoy their time vicariously
I could sit here and enumerate all the reasons I am happy today–so far– but I’m gonna go take a walk.. a sure addition to my happiness list. Go out and get happy!
p.s. that’s not the view from my window…but it makes me happy nonetheless!
- Maira Kalman: Everyday Illuminations (venetianred.net)